Sunday, September 21, 2014

It's (more than) okay to say "No!"


To be perfectly honest with all of you beautiful people, this last week alone I encountered numerous situations where I wasn't completely comfortable with what was going on around me. I was thrown into circumstances that I knew I needed to put my guard up and respect myself by saying "no". 

I feel like this is a very common predicament to be in. Either your boyfriend is attempting to get you to do something you aren't ready for, you are being pressured into taking another few shots of tequila, or your friend wants you to steal the purse you saw at the mall... I've been there. You don't want to do it but your boyfriend might break up with you, or your friend might not like you any more, either way, clearly neither of them have your best interests at heart. They may not even realize that but sometimes you have to do what is best for you. 

There is honestly nothing wrong with telling them "no!" If you drink another few shots, it's YOU that is going to have to deal with the consequences, not them. Same with stealing that purse or doing drugs, it's YOUR body and it is YOUR outcome. 

I don't want any of you beautiful people to be put into situations like that.

Another topic I want to touch on is doing things you normally wouldn't sober, under the influence. If you talk to people who drink a lot, most of them will say something like "I'm really not that different when I've had a few drinks", at least a lot of the people I encounter. While you are under the influence of drugs and alcohol you will easily do things you wouldn't sober. You need to be responsible for your actions but in this kind of circumstance, being forced into something you don't want to do is not your fault at all. It was your decision to drink but being taken advantage of while you are vulnerable is not your fault. It is a heartbreaking place to be, but it's something you have to accept and put behind you or you will beat yourself up. 

The last topic I want to touch on (in this long rant) is Jesus. I am not a preacher, or anything along those lines, I am a sinner, one who deserved death but got life instead. I asked for forgiveness and guidance and I have complete faith that I've already received it. I know my God is bigger and better than my problems and my sins and I couldn't be happier knowing that my life is in the hands of my Father in Heaven. 


I love all you guys and if you ever need to talk, my email is linked on the right hand side. xoxo 



21 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you so much for such an inspiring post. Sending love your way. -Claire

    Claireforfashion.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm so glad hon! Thanks for the sweet comment. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Looks so good !

    Would be so nice if you vote for me for the awards and win a 500 euro voucher ! Thank you !
    www.thefashionpanda.be
    www.thefashionpanda.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super!
    Have an amazing monday!

    Hey there's a new OUTFIT online, what do you think about?

    My blog is now available in all languages of the world, do you know?
    BABYWHATSUP.COM, I'm waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super!
    Have an amazing monday!

    Hey there's a new OUTFIT online, what do you think about?

    My blog is now available in all languages of the world, do you know?
    BABYWHATSUP.COM, I'm waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that was so inspirational. I usually have trouble saying no to people because I always feel guilty if I do. More people need to read this post. Great job :)
    http://styleauthor107.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You are so kind! I am certainly the same way but it's so important to realize you don't always have to say yes, especially if it's a bad situation. It's so much easier said than done though! Haha best of luck to you dear! Xoxo

      Delete
  6. This is so very true. There are always people out there teaching us how to say 'yes' to things, which is great, but not many people talk about saying 'no'. It's a pretty hard thing to learn.
    Great post!! :)

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The media is full of ways to make you believe that there is no harm in saying yes to everything, when really it couldn't be further from the truth. Thanks for the sweet comment dear! Your blog is lovely. Xoxo

      Delete
  7. From your lips to God's ears!



    xxx
    www.journal-of-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely, as ever!

    Hey there's a new OUTFIT online, what do you think about?

    My blog is now available in all languages of the world, do you know?
    BABYWHATSUP.COM, there's a new giveaway page, I'm waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girl! Your blog is amazing<3

      Delete
    2. Thank you girl! Your blog is amazing<3

      Delete