Saturday, October 4, 2014
Sunday, September 21, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Sunday, August 31, 2014
Friday, August 29, 2014
Monday, August 25, 2014
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Monday, August 18, 2014
Sunday, August 17, 2014
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
2. Answer the eleven questions provided by the person who nominated you and then create an eleven-question set for the next group of nominees.
3. Choose eleven people to nominate and link them in the post.
4. Let your nominees know they've been tagged - and no tag-backs
5. Nominate blogs under 200 followers.
Saturday, August 9, 2014
CocoPPa is thee. coolest. app. ever. Basically, it turns all your boring unoriginal app icons into cute and fun icons. If you are bored of your phone looking exactly the same as everyone else, then CocoPPa is the app for you!
Downloading: I believe the app is available in the app store as well as the Google Play store, however, I've only used CocoPPa on the iPhone 4, 4s, and 5s so I'm not completely sure it will work on android. But anyways, the app is easy to find and is pink with a heart and a C in the middle of the heart.
Using: To browse through all the different app icons, go to the right hand corner magnifying glass and search and in "Keywords", type in the name of the app you are searching for. (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat i.e) From there, hit search and scroll through the endless cute app icons available.
Once you've found the one you want to use for, say Facebook, click on it and hit download. Hit the corresponding Facebook icon once it pops up, and then click "ok".
Here's where people get lost. So on the exact webpage that you are on at the moment (after clicking "Ok") hit the button on the bottom of your screen with the box and the arrow pointing up. Once you've clicked on that, hit the "add to homescreen" button and there ya go! It should appear on your homescreen!
FYI: Do NOT delete the original app icon, it will not work if you do. (It's a little annoying but I just put all the original app icons into a separate box so they are kinda hidden and use the cute icons)
Also, notifications will not appear above the CocoPPa icons, just the original ones, and the CocoPPa icons just redirect you through the original icon.
Yes, that's a tad annoying but I still think it's worth it because it makes your phone look unique and cute. Everyone that I've shown this app to (nearly every person that looks at my phone) has LOVED it and wasn't bothered enough by it's flaws to not use it. (I mean worse case scenario you just use the CocoPPa icons for show and use the original ones for browsing if it's that irritating.) Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this app as much as I have. Below is a picture of my screen using the CocoPPa apps. There are tons to choose from, those are just the ones I picked. xoxo
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
I have an addiction. Online shopping. It wouldn't be such a problem if I actually had money to spend shopping online, but I don't. Therefore, it is a problemo.
However, there are online stores where you can buy nice clothes for decent prices, so when you do have the urge to get your credit card out, it won't completely break the bank. (I mean if it's a continuous problem then you will "go broke saving money", which is about where I am right now. But it's not impossible to be a smart online shopper... unless you work at Starbucks like me... anyways...)
Swell has recently become one of my favorite online stores. I used to surf a lot and live closer to the West Coast and as of late, those memories have only been taunting me with a big massive city and no ocean for miles. So, as a result, I've been stuck on my old "surf fashion" and this store is a HUGE help.
Not only do they have ridiculously great sales almost every single day, but it is all nice brands like Ripcurl, Roxy, Sanuk, Dakine, Oakley, Hurley, Ugg, and RVCA. If dressing like a surfer is something you fantasize about, then Swell is the place for you.
Nasty Gal is a great place to shop if you want a more diverse arrangement of brands and clothing styles. Honestly, a good portion of their stuff I wouldn't even look twice at, but the stuff that I do find and like from Nasty Gal, I don't just "like". I LOVE. They don't sell as many brands but some of my favorite from the site are, One Teaspoon, Vans, Converse, Motel, and Cheap Monday.
This. Is. The. Place. ASOS is seriously incredible. Not only do they ship free to the US, (They are UK based), but they have very reasonable pricing. You can purchase nearly any sort of garment you want from ASOS and they have a broad range of styles, prices, brands, and pretty much everything. Brands include (but are certainly not limited to) Gucci, Lacoste, Dolce & Gabbana, Junkfood, and Quiksilver.
Rent The Runway
Every girl's dream in one website. When I found this website, I went nuts. It isn't exactly online shopping, more like online renting, but if you have prom coming up or a wedding or some event that you want to look fancy for, then this is where you should look. You can rent designer dresses for cheap. Seriously. I saw the labels and started fangirling because I'm a poor barista who is obsessed with fashion and nice clothes. The next big event I have, I will use this website because the Vera Wang dress that Mischa Barton was just wearing, you can rent for 40$. Vera Wang isn't even close to the only brand either. Versace, Oscar De La Renta, Kate Spade, D&G, and DKNY are there too, just to name a few more.
Choies is a great place to go if you are looking for that very unique but somehow extremely fashionable french-fry sweatshirt, or something flashy and iconic. Their sweatshirts are my favorites, they are so interesting and stylish. Not items you see everyday and not to mention, super affordable, and even better, FREE shipping to the US!
I hope you liked my list of online stores! Comment below and let me know some of your favorites! xoxo
Sunday, August 3, 2014
Saturday, August 2, 2014
You're probably wondering how I can make a PB&J without bread, but the answer is simple: The Ezekial tortilla's are made only from grains and beans so there is no flour used in the process... I mean maybe it's cheating a little, but it's worth it if you have a craving for the classic sandwich.
Here is my favorite twist on the typical PB&J.
Unfortunately the summer as we know it is beginning to come to a close and the dreadful school year is beginning to creep up on us... The feeling is familiar to most people, suddenly the ads on television are back-to-school oriented (we hate you), paperwork is getting filled out, and you are signing up for classes once again. Yikes! I'm even upset to admit, the topic of this post came to me while I was sitting in my school office waiting for them to print out my student I.D card and parking pass. Bleh. I'm sorry.
However, it does get better. This is a list of fabulous last minute hurrahs before we get too overwhelmed with all of the back-to-school nonsense. Number one...
- Glowstick night hike. Yes please. I've coordinated these a few times and they have NEVER disappointed me. There is nothing quite like trekking through nature in neon. It's quite fulfilling. Just be careful.
Expert Tip: Go with a big group. The more the merrier.
- Camping trip! It doesn't matter if it's a location ten hours away or in your backyard, it is always a good time camping with a bunch of friends.
- Beach bonfire. Okay, to be honest, I've never coordinated one or even been to one but I highly doubt it could be awful.
- Zoo adventure. The zoo is a great place to go to get some exercise and to get a little more education. I dare you to try and sneak into one of the animal cages...
- Midnight bowling. Most bowling alleys have cosmic bowling where all the pins and bowling balls glow in the dark. Not only is it a bit more challenging but it also makes a simple activity, a little more interesting.
- Amusement park trip. My roommates and I just put in our time at Lagoon Amusement Park and it was a fabulous adventure. I dare you all to go on at least one ride that you have never gone on (if any).
- Pennyboard/skateboard/longboard through the mall. A couple years back we got a big group to see who could make it to the opposite end of the mall while riding any of the above choices... I'll be honest, I chickened out about 1/16th of the length, though I wasn't one of the many who got banished. Ha 😉
Expert tip: Go with a big group, security can't tackle fifteen people at once... Hmm? Hmm?
- Sporadic road trip. These most often seem to be more fun than the strategically planned ones. Let the wind take you!
- Play on the playground. This really truly might be one of my favorite things to do, ask any of my friends. Anyways, lots of new parks open up and it seems like playgrounds just keep getting bigger and better!
Expert tip: Newer elementary schools is where it's at!
- Do something that YOU want to do. Do something for yourself, take the dance class you've been wanting to (even if it's just once), or buy a sporadic plane ticket to that country you've been dying to visit. Cross at least one thing off your bucket list.
I'm sure you all are a lot more creative than myself but these are just the ones that I could come up with from my experiences. I hope you all are having the best summer yet. Good luck. Xoxo
Much to my amusement, I recently stumbled upon my old Polyvore account. For those of you who don't know what that is... Polyvore is basically my favorite waste of time (though, the time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time 😉). Fashion has been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. I believe I am the only person who took Fashion Merchandising twice in the same school year. Ha. Anyways, Polyvore is a website where you can go and create outfits called "Sets" and make an online collage. (Check it out!) I have a ton of "sets" that are just sitting there on my old page, rotting away, so I decided to post my favorites on my blog. I know I've already posted twice today but I just love it so much! Bear with me.
The outfit I'm posting now is one that I can be caught wearing quite frequently in the summertime! Though I don't own those exact items, it's the style that I go for.
Sweater: 455$, THEOUTNET.COM. Romper: 27$, Quiksilver. Shoes: Toms, 58$, TOMS.COM. Necklaces: 50$, 1928.COM
I hate having a sweet tooth because there really aren't a bunch of options in the world that are healthy and still do the trick. This smoothie however, is my secret, and it does wonders for your sweet tooth while not completely ruining your diet or meal regimen.
- 1 banana (I use 2 because I love them in smoothies)
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of organic creamy peanut butter (it's my favorite)
- 1 cup of nonfat/soy milk
- 1/2 cup of raw oatmeal
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of almonds (optional)
Who doesn't love Gucci, Chanel, Louis V, or Prada? But the better question is, who can afford them? NOT ME! While Starbucks is a decent job, it does not pay for the luxurious life I sometimes dream of having... However, that's when consignment stores come in handy.
- a store that sells secondhand items (typically clothing and accessories) on behalf of the original owner, who receives a percentage of the selling price
English: you take your nice clothes/accessories in, they give you money for them and sell the items at a discount.
I'm not completely sure where all my blog traffic is coming from (country-wise) but I know it varies. For west coast USA, here is a short list of some of my favorite places to shop, where the once hefty price tag, is no longer.
- The Finer Consigner
- Name Droppers
- Uptown Cheapskate
- Plato's Closet
- Cassandra's Closet
- Coyote Exchange
Those are just some of my favorite around where I live, but consignment stores exist all over the world.
Below are some of my favorite (authentic purchases) in the bag/wallet department.
If you haven't already noticed from other posts, I love being crafty and unique.
Personally, my favorite room in my house is my own bedroom and that is because I've invested time to make it a space that I love! I've gotten a couple emails (thank you so much! I'm glad my blog is getting viewed!) wanting more posts for girly bedroom ideas and so I decided to share with you some of my own! Enjoy! Xoxo
1- I had too much fun making the kiss board. All I did was put on lipstick and practice my kissing. Simple and cute!
2- The poster was actually my uni communications project and it turned out better than expected. Plus, It scored an A!
3- Another school project with happy results. I made this in high school for my fashion class and I use it to store important papers! It was easy to make and super cheap using packing tape as a laminent and random magazines for a collage on construction paper.
4- My mirror is probably one of my favorite objects in my room. I'm not sure where I picked it up from but it is about seven feet tall, four feet wide, beveled, and vintage. Doesn't get a whole lot better than that.... Besides the Christmas lights! There is nothing more relaxing than coming home and just having that gentle lighting! They are perfect and add so much to my bedroom!
Eating healthy is a chore/hobby of mine and even though I know the benefits are worth it... It still can be difficult to find and prepare meals. For the last two months I've cut out bread and soda from my diet, along with minimal sugars and it has definitely been a struggle. So hopefully I can help you guys out if eating healthier is something you want to pursue. Here is a small list of what I've been eating for meals, in hopes to give you all some ideas!
- organic vanilla bean yogurt with coconut chips and a slice of pineapple.
- organic sugar free applesauce with Evolution Juice's Super Greens.
- breakfast smoothie: 1 banana, 1 cup of Trader Joe's Power to the greens, 1 cup of pineapple juice, tablespoon of coconut oil, and sometimes I throw in a few carrots for good measure. 😁
- Sandwich salad: lunch meat, pepper jack cheese (or whichever you like the best) and a handful of Trader Joe's Power to the greens.
- Sauteed portobello mushrooms with melted cheese on top.
- Spaghetti O's... Not healthy but come on.
- tuna fish, celery, mayo, and onion powder on cucumbers. (Sub for bread)
- mozzarella cheese, pesto, and kale on sliced tomatoes.
- chili on a baked potato.
- Cucumber slices
- Tomato slices
- red pepper slices
- spinach tortilla
- lettuce leaves
- portobello mushroom slices
Since I've gone without bread and soda I have had so much for energy! I don't feel sluggish or drowsy and my energy level is consistent until bedtime! Not to mention, the benefits over time are endless.
Whenever I go out to eat, I usually get people questioning why I don't eat bread and most of the time they think I'm trying to lose weight, which is followed by "but you are already thin you don't need to give up bread!" But that is not the case, I'm not trying to lose weight, just be healthier. So be prepared to get asked and when you do, use it as an opportunity to spread the word about clean eating! 😊
Here is a picture of my sandwich salad from today. It was superb.
At our house we have a major obsession with candles and all good-smelling things. It helps completely that our roommate works at Bath And Body Works and supplies our casa with everything we need!
So far our favorite combination for our house, which is known as the Surf Hut, is Bath And Body Work's Tiki Beach and Island Waters candles! They are amazing and we burn them all the time. 👌🌴🌊